Saturday, November 19, 2005

Motorcycle is stored


Well it's done!

As the weather turns it comes time to put the bike away. I spent a couple of hours today winterizing it. This involved changing the oil, waxing the chain, taking the battery out, and putting it up on stands. The bike is now all locked up and covered, now for the long long winter ahead.

I will get some relief as there are two motorcycle shows in TO at the beginning of winter. The first is the Toronto Motorcycle show December 2-4 at the Metro Convention Center. This show is with the new 2006 models. Lots of fun, you get to see the bikes, and sit on them. Kinda like a car show, but obviously for motorbikes.
The second show is the Motorcycle Supershow 2006. This show is January 6-8th at the Toronto International Center. This is the show that one goes to buy motorcycle gear and accessories. This show is almost like a flea market for motorcycle's. Last year I bought a new pair of motorcycle gloves that retail for 250.00 and I got them for 100.00 (thank you Mel for pointing them out).

This year I have a few things I have to buy. Because of the many highway trips I made to and from Ottawa, I went through both front and rear tires. My chain and perhaps my sprockets are at there end of life. The final item I need is new rear break pads. Other items that I want from the supershow are leather suit and maybe a back protector. So lots of money to be spent but hey I am worth it!

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

How do you find the trip on the highway to Ottawa? Decent? Is it too long?

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger MikeG said...

It can be long, but its worth it ;-)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

your bike is hot MikeG!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

MikeG makes the bike even hotter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home