Tuesday, November 29, 2005

2nd Switzerland interview went great

So I had my second telephone interview with Switzerland today. The call came for me at 8am my time (they are 7 hours ahead), the interview went well. I was expecting a tedious technical interview, but it was pretty much mostly about Switzerland, even when I tried to steer the interview to the technical side, it kept going back to how beautiful Switzerland is.

But all in all my two interviews must have went well because I received an invitation for both Melissa and I to go to Switzerland to see things for our selves.

I have not scheduled this yet, but it will probably occur soon. They mentioned the 19th of December for a visit (paid for by them, yes, for both Mel and I).

And then when I got home from work, I had a message on my machine about a woman at CSE asking me to call her back. This likely stems from an online application that I filled out for either an electrical engineer or an intelligence analysis. Not sure which one, I will call tomorrow and find out.

10 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

How exciting!!! :-) I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you Mike.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Baby, this is so exciting! I'm so glad these opportunities are opening up for you. You've worked hard to make them happen. Keep moving forward.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Ferda said...

ya baby!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

WTF? Switzerland? December 19th?

Mel, you don't REALLY want to go...right?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

What I meant by that is that I think I should go.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Palmer, I know how much you want to be with Mike and I know that he's your Plan B (like VĂ©ro is my Plan B) but for now, we'll both have to stick with our Plan As. Yodel-lay! Have a nice day!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger MikeG said...

Hey Ryan,

We know that this date puts us right in the middle of your Xmas party, that we both want to attend. But it is a free trip to Switzerland..... sure beats a 10$ gift ;-). I still have yet to iron out the details, as I have not said yes to going that day.

Oh and Ryan, if you go, who will host the party because we will likly fly either Friday night or Saturday day.

MikeG

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Holy crap that is awesome.

They really want you, if they are willing to do this, you probably also have some clout to ask for a higher salary.

Go with your gut instincts though.

Congratulations!!!
I think you should ask them if 3 or 4 people can join you. Matt first, Palmer second.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger MikeG said...

So what no one wants to go to Ryan's party? What's up with that!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Dude, I do not even want to go to my party if I can go to Switzerland!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home