Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More work than I expected

So this morning I receive an email from the guy in Switzerland. It is a reply to an email I sent on Friday indicating my plans, and that it is not finalized yet, but close. This is the reply:

Mike,
It sounds like a good plan. Please let me know when you have confirmed your
itinerary.
We will reserve and pay for the hotel; and reimburse you for the cost of a
rental car and coach airline seats.
I look forward to seeing you.
..Ray



hmmmmmm okay, hotel booked, and reimburse for a rental car and..... and what airline seats!, hmmmmm according to my last post airline seats are almost 5 grand! Well that's a lot, I sure hope I can trust these guys to reimburse me. From what I know about the company and my feeling on them it is legit, but still .... A leap of faith? Or what?

So I am having a hard time with Mel's 850 return, I am sure it exists but where is it. So far I have found a few flights for 2k from Ottawa, and 1500 from TO. I can get a bit cheaper if I segment it, say Chicago to Geneva and then separate flight from Ottawa to Chicago.

As for car rental, I did find a smart car for four that may be fun to drive.

So I just sent an email to my contact asking for more details, lets see what the response is.

now time for bed, as its close to 2 am!

M

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

Take a boat!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd swim there and when they compensate you, then you take the cash!

But honeslty it does sound a little scary. Is there anyway for you to ask them to pay for your tickets upfront? You can always say something like "My credit card is maxed out so I would appreciate if you paid for the flight now to avoid all the paper work later".
Best case scenario, the secretary puts an extra 0 on the check ($50,000) per person.
Worst case scenario is that you get a nice little vacation out of it but is it worth 5G to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home