Thursday, December 08, 2005

Off to Switzerland!


Well its official. I booked two tickets to Switzerland today.

Melissa and I will depart from Ottawa on the 17th of December (from the Ottawa Via station, for a quick train to Montreal) and then we will return on the 22nd.

This should be fun!, now to decide what kind of car to get, time for a poll!

What kind of car should Melissa and Mike get in Switzerland
(I will go with National car rental as I have an emerald club with them so I should get special treatment)
1. Mini 3-Door/Manual/No Air Hyundai Atos 1.0 or similar $234 SFr
2. Economy 3-Door/Manual/No Air Smart Forfour 1.2 or similar $250 SFr
3. Compact 5-Door/Manual/Air Peugeot 307 1.6 or similar $263 SFr
4. Compact Wagon 5-Door/Manual/Air Peugeot 307 Estate 1.4 or similar $289.44 SFr
5. Compact 5-Door/Automatic/Air Renault Megane 1.4 or similar $295 SFr
6. Intermediate 4-Door/Automatic/Air Mercedes A 1.8 or similar $335 SFr
7. Standard Wagon 5-Door/Manual/Air Citroen C5 Estate 2.0 or similar $361 SFr

Cost is not really an issue, because the company will reimburse me, should I try and push it and go big and get an intermediate? or should I go for the fun and get a smart car!


Oh P.S, for really cheap flights to Switzerland check out www.swiss.com. they have packages from about $580.00 return (if you book in time) hint hint nudge nudge for those that will come visit us!

9 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger James said...

NICE! I hope you guys have a great time!

ovzuwbjn

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger James said...

Oh yeah, get the mercedes. over there, they are so common, like fords in N. america.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

I'd like to try the Smart Car but only if you think you'll fit in it. Those things look a small for a guy that's 6'1". My second choice would be a compact i.e. the Peugeot.

I used to call one of my high school teachers "Peugeot Man" because he drove around a really beat up Peugeot and used the backseat as his garbage bin. He then down-graded to a Chrysler Intrepid. And now he's a principal....

Such a sad story. The poor kids.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Palmer said...

The Smart cars are surprisingly comforable for a guy pushing 6 feet tall. It's really high.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I vote for
Standard Wagon 5-Door/Manual/Air Citroen C5 Estate 2.0

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger James said...

Please, won't somebody think of the children!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger MikeG said...

Well it is a smart car for 4, 2 adults and 2 kids. I am leaning towards the smart car just to say that I drove one.

MG

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, good to see you got hold of the reliable lonely planet again! Make sure you swot up so you can see all the good stuff. Anyway just wanted to say have a fab time in Switzerland! Good Luck with your interview. Who knows I might get to see more of you two if you move to Europe!(Oh it's Sabrina by the way!)

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Hey Mike, so how was the trip? Any word on the job? How were your holidays? Let me know.

Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home