Wednesday, January 18, 2006

almost time to vote!

Well as most of you know, the federal election is almost upon us. I normally do not give much thought to elections, but there is something wrong about this Harper character. So just to spite the election call by the conservatives and NDP I am voting Liberal.

I just saw an interesting article in the Ottawa sun today.
"A blast from the past, 'Liberal conspiracy’ theory reveals Stephen Harper’s"By Greg Weston.

The article was interesting, the point that was great was this, Harper was asked about a Conservative majority and the response (from Harper) was These are his exact words: “I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a true Conservative majority. The reality is we will have, for some time to come, a Liberal Senate, a Liberal civil service — at least the senior levels have been appointed by the Liberals — and the courts that have been appointed by the Liberals. “So these are obviously checks on the power of a Conservative government ... and limits on our ability to operate that a Liberal government would not face.”

Wow, crazy, so the government may turn out to be conservative, but that’s okay, because EVERYONE in the government is liberal. So can we expect a shakedown?

There is my political rant, I say vote Liberal, just to put it in the face of the idiots who called this dumb election a year and a half after we voted them in.

PS a colleague of mine keeps saying that him mom likes to say that Harper looks dumb, well at lunch today I saw a picture of him on the TV and yes he does look like an idiot.

MikeG

4 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Palmer said...

Don't forget that for every vote to a party, they get some cash for it for the next time around.

That's how the Green Party made a slew of cash last time. It helps them contend against the bigwigs with millions of dollars in their war chest.

I'm not saying vote for the Green Party, I'm just saying vote for me.

Holy crap...I just had an idea.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger MikeG said...

Palmer if you ran, regardless of the party I would vote for you!, unless of coarse Mel was running against you, then ....

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

I just read all the of the platforms for the big 3 party leaders. I like the Liberals' the best.

However, even if the Conservatives win (as the polls are suggesting) it'll be another minority government and we'll be back at the polls in a year...

No to the Tories! YES to the GRITS! GO LIBERALS GO!

I should just start a new party with Palmer and we could alternate being PM!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ferda said...

time to vote has come and gone. I say it's time for a new blog post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home